Lenses and Frames
A brief Description of the Types of Lenses and Variety of Frames Available at Vision Source Winder.
Selecting your lenses and frames is a very personal choice. A wide variety of options are available that can be tailored to suit not only your medical needs but also your fashion preferences.
Highlight your features, play with color, and augment vision for different functions such as reading, driving and playing sports. With all the choices available, the experience can be daunting without the right guidance. Vision Source Winder makes the choice easy.
Design, material and treatments are the three components that make up a pair of prescription lenses. It is important to select the right combination of these elements for your particular visual needs and to always consult your eye care professional.
The knowledgeable staff at Vision Source Winder will consider long-term wearing comfort, style, features and function when suggesting a new pair of eyeglasses. The eyeglasses become as unique as the person taking them home.
Selecting the right eyeglass lens depends largely on its function. From single vision lenses to progressive polycarbonate lenses, we are happy to help you find what best suits your needs. Regardless of your situation, your eye care provider can help determine what types of lenses will work best for you in terms of comfort, function and design.
THE ULTIMATE LENS PACKAGE: PROGRESSIVE
Brings extended vision within arm’s reach, reduces reflections from all directions for best-in-class transparency and clarity, reduces exposure to Harmful Blue Light, and provides comfort in all environments. (Call or come in for more details!)
THE ULTIMATE LENS PACKAGE: SINGLE VISION
Defends against eye strain, reduces exposure to Harmful Blue Light, and reduces reflections from all directions for best-in-class transparency and clarity. Plus, choose your fresh, personalized look with new Transition style colors. (Call or come in for more details!)
The newest enhanced single vision lens to help reduce eye strain caused by close viewing of devices like cell phones and tablets. Eyezen+ also has embedded Harmful Blue Light protection. With four unique designs, patients of any age can benefit from Eyezen™+ lenses.
Our Varilux® X Series™, featuring Xtend™ Technology, is our most advanced progressive lens available. In addition to providing sharp vision and smooth transitions at any distance, it extends your vision within arm’s reach, so you no longer have to tilt or angle your head to find your focus.
- Transition Signature– The ideal choice if you usually spend your day both inside and outside, and need lenses for variable lighting conditions. It features Chromea7™ technology, which gives lenses superior responsiveness to light—adapting from fully clear indoors to dark outdoors smoothly. You can get these lenses for kids too.
- Transitions XTRActive– The best choice for anyone desiring extra protection from light, Transitions® XTRActive® lenses protect your eyes from harsh natural and artificial light anywhere you go: indoors, outdoors, and even in the car.
- Transitions Vantage– The perfect choice if you spend a majority of your time outside and need lenses to hold up in outdoor activities. Transitions® Vantage® lenses polarize as the lens darkens, reducing glare and giving you crisper vision outdoors.
Wearers of prescription glasses and sunglasses commonly encounter annoying glare and reflections caused by light bouncing off their lenses. This glare makes it more difficult to see, especially at night. Anti-reflective lenses reduce these reflections allowing more light to pass through to your eyes. Wearing non-AR lenses is like trying to read a book in a dimly lit room.
- Crizal Sapphire 360º UV lenses-With Multi-Angular Technology™, this AR lens reduces reflections from all directions for less distracting glare, better aesthetics, enhanced UV protection, and safer nighttime driving.
- Crizal Pevencia- Between sunlight, indoor lighting, and most digital screens, blue-violet light surrounds you every day. Help stay protected with lenses that block out Harmful Blue Light while still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through.
When choosing a frame, the shape and size of the frame should enhance the color of your eyes, complement your skin tone and play up the best features of your face shape.
Most people need more than one pair of glasses, such as one for everyday wear and another for outdoor activities. Having different style frames for different activities and moods makes wearing glasses more fun.
With the wide variety of lens options available, you can customize your “sunnies” (sunglasses) to meet your visual, protection, performance and comfort needs. Sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which is present even on cloudy days. Quality sunwear provides 100 percent UV protection and can significantly reduce the risk of vision problems caused by sunlight such as cataracts and retinal damage.
Glare, an issue that makes it difficult to see objects clearly by washing out colors and details, can be combated by polarized lenses. Looking at a scene with polarized lenses, you’ll notice the colors are deeper, richer and bolder, and details are clearer and more distinct. Polarized lenses also help reduce squinting, which, in turn, reduces eye fatigue, tension and eyestrain.
Lenses and frames are a very necessary and personal choice. Vision Source Winder, Georgia has the experience to guide you toward eyewear selections that are comfortable and that work to complement your face. For help, schedule an appointment with your eye care provider.